Since I’m just getting into this whole blogging thing, I thought it fitting to tell you a little bit about myself. After all, who wants to read on and on about someone’s blabberings when they haven’t a clue who this mystery person is?! Not me, that’s for certain.
- If you haven’t already noticed by the name of this blog and by the little seashells decorating my sidebar- I love the beach. Like a lot. It’s the best thing about living in California, by far. On weekdays I try to get to the beach before sunset (and in San Francisco that means you’re probably wearing a winter coat…no one told me that before I moved here. I had imagined frolicking around in my bathing suit on the daily). On weekends I plan little excursions to check out other beaches. And trust me, there are a LOT of beaches to be seen around here.
- I’m a vegetarian. Now I wouldn’t turn down some soup just because it has chicken broth in it, but anything that is definitely “meaty”? No thanks. I’ve been vegetarian for just about two and a half years now.
- I’m 5’10”, which basically means I’m stuck with flats unless I want to be an Amazonian woman. Not that that’s a bad thing. I really do like being tall, but sometimes I wish I could wear 5 inch heels and not worry about my head narrowly missing the top of the doorframe (just kidding).
- My favorite holiday is Halloween. I absolutely love creating kooky looks and walking around town. In Washington, DC we have an event called “Nightmare on M Street” (elM Street, get it??) and I always get lots of people asking to take photos with me. It’s funny really. Normally I hate getting my photo taken. But with a costume on my demeanor completely changes and I could get my picture taken all night! Strange how that works, isn’t it?
- Initially I thought I should try YouTube instead of a blog. I gave it a go and made three videos. Let’s just say I don’t feel so groovin’ on camera. I get incredibly shy and want to turn off the camera and run away. Maybe with some practice I’ll loosen up because I’d love to push myself out of my comfort zone!