I need a new hairstyle. Badly. I’m in a terrible rut of chucking it up into a half pony and letting my bangs fall out. While it’s a quick and easy solution, when I see all my posts on the blog (and Instagram) I feel the need to switch it up! I’ve tried to fiddle with it for the past couple of posts, but let’s just say that styling hair has never been one of my strong points.Continue Reading
I’ve lived in San Francisco for a year and a half now. Generally speaking, I’d say I’m quite well adapted to West Coast living and the oddities of this city, but I must admit that one of the things I miss about my hometown (Washington, DC) is having four distinct seasons.Continue Reading
Finally a casual look from me! I’d say I’m 99% casual. The remaining 1% is when I have fun being inspired and posting outfits to my blog! My new go-to store for high quality, interesting casual pieces has been Madewell. If you haven’t already guessed by my posts raving about their Glasgow Satchel- I absolutely adore their bags. This poppy red crossbody is going to be perfect for spicing up warm weather outfits. The top was slightly harder to justify with it’s $98 price tag, but I decided to treat myself and I haven’t look back.
Seeing as my last three posts were titled “Sunflowers”, “Ivy”, and “Palm Fronds”, I figured I should break the cycle and pick a title unrelated to greenery (“Hedges”, anyone?!). Anyways, first things
first second- I did not intend for this outfit to show my belly button! And it didn’t all day, except my posture during the photos must’ve lifted my shirt up more than normal. I still love the outfit, even with that minor detail. Taylor Swift must have some pretty crazy tricks up her sleeve to constantly wear crop tops and never show her belly button, I must say. I smiled reading one of her interviews in which she claims she doesn’t even have one. She was photographed in a teeny bikini several months later, so that theory was nixed quite quickly.
The first sundress of the year! And actually the first sundress I’ve ever owned! The thick straps, cinched waist, and bright color of this dress made me willing to try out a style that I don’t usually lean towards (the 40% off sale at Gap didn’t hurt either). One of the things I love most about fashion blogging is how it pushes me to try new cuts, colors, and styles I never would have given a second glance just a few months ago. My wardrobe is probably 75% black, but that number is slowly coming down as I continue to add whites, creams, and blush-toned pieces. I’ve never owned yellow anything, so choosing a new color for my first sundress (the ones my mom dressed me up in for Easter as a kid don’t count!) seemed perfect.